Shidzidzi Safari Home is located in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, Limpopo Province, South Africa. The Welgevonden Game Reserve comprises some 40,000 hectares of pristine bushveld and ranks amongst Southern Africa’s largest private game reserves and forms part of the only savanna biosphere reserve in the world, proclaimed by UNESCO in March 2001. It has the greatest variety of plains game, is home to South Africa’s ‘’ Big Five ’’ and is malaria free. The Welgevonden Game Reserve is pioneering in its conservation initiatives and thus it is important that its conservation ethos also forms an integral part of a multi-generational family experience.
About Shidzidzi Safari Home:
Shidzidzi Safari Home accommodates up to 10 guests catering for multi-generational family safari vacations on a private use basis only, thereby offering family exclusivity where an entire family can spend quality time together, making the safari experience more delightful and meaningful. The need to disconnect from everyday life and connect to the wilderness is becoming increasingly sought after, with more and more families opting for experiences that are good for the soul and not purely for travel consumption. Shidzidzi Safari Home is thus strategically positioned to offer an exclusive and unique private multi-generational aspirational family safari experience.
‘’ The things a child learns between the ages of 5 and 15 will have a direct impact on his / her character & the decision-making skills they will possess as an adult ‘’
Shidzidzi Safari Home provides stunning views over the Welgevonden Game Reserve and is fully secured with an electrified fence to provide security from predators and big game.
Shidzidzi Safari Home also caters for specific Travel Groups requiring the use of an exclusive and private venue. Additional family members or guests can be accommodated on special request.
- Shidzidzi Game Lodge Rates
- Shidzidzi Game Lodge Terms
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Details||01 Jan 2018
to 31 Dec 2018
|Minimum 2 Nights - Sole use - Rate per night - accommodating up to 10 GUESTS||R40 875|
|Minimum 3 Nights - Sole use - Rate per night - accommodating up to 10 GUESTS||R38 720|
|Minimum 2 Nights Sole use - Rate per night - accommodating up to 6 GUESTS||R29 385|
- Accommodation, meals, safaris and tax.
- Reserve conservation fees, items of a personal nature and all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Additional Guests can be accommodated by special request.
Reserve Conservation Fee : ZAR 165.00 per person per night
Gate levy of R 130 per person per night
Child Policy :
- Children of all ages are welcome.
Confirmation of a reservation:
- a. A reservation will only be confirmed upon receipt of a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- b. Payment of the remaining 75% must be made 31 days prior to arrival.
- c. A 100% immediate payment is required for bookings made less than 31 days prior to arrival date.
- d. Payment of the deposit as referred to above shall constitute acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- e. Final reservation details and rooming lists are required 31 days prior to arrival.
For transactions originating outside the Republic of South Africa, all amounts due must be requisitioned in ZAR – South African Rand only. Should an amount due be requisitioned as a foreign currency amount, the drawer will be invoiced for any resultant foreign exchange commission charges.
a. Safari Air Wing reserves the right to immediately cancel any guaranteed and / or provisional booking(s) that fail to comply with the payments policies as listed above.
b. Cancellation or rescheduling requests will only become effective on receipt of a written request. In addition to this a cancellation / rescheduling penalty will be levied as follows:
Number of days prior to arrival:
- Date of confirmation – 46 days 25% non-refundable deposit
- 45 – 32 days 50% of total value of the reservation
- 31 or fewer days 100% of total value of the reservation
Shidzidzi Safari Home offers the following facilities:
- Indoor and outdoor dining facilities
- Outdoor and indoor lounges with TV
- A tea / coffee station and self-service bar
- A large children’s playroom
- An office boardroom
- A swimming pool
- An outdoor viewing deck
- A boma for bush dinners around a camp fire
- A game viewing hide overlooking a water hole
Shidzidzi Safari Home is renowned for its fresh, healthy, wholesome home-made family cooked meals.
Three meals a day
Mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshments
The following services are available on request:
- Wi Fi on request (office boardroom)
As Shidzidzi Safari Home is booked on an exclusive use basis only, game drive times are flexible. For the duration of your stay you will have:
- Sole use of a vehicle for private game drives
- An experienced private guide assigned to you.
- Two game drives per day.
- Refreshments served on morning and afternoon game drives.
Shidzidzi Safari Home offers a number of children’s activities:
- A children’s playroom equipped with a variety of books and children’s games
- A variety of field work activities conducted by your private guide: eg: Identification of animal tracks, birds and insects
- Learn about the ways of the Wild and African Folk Law
- A secure walking trail within the confines of the Safari Home under the guidance of your private guide
- A variety of bush projects hosted by your private guide: eg: explore the medicinal use of various plants and trees