Tshwene Lodge lies within the internationally acclaimed Welgevonden Game Reserve, perched on a rocky outcrop above the forested valley through which the Taaibos River flows. This dreamy wilderness hideaway provides an unparalleled haven of tranquility for those seeking to get in touch with their natural heritage.
Tshwene Lodge offers guests five romantic suites strategically positioned among the canopy of indigenous trees to ensure optimal privacy and panoramic views of the valley below and the picturesque Waterberg plateau beyond. This family-friendly Lodge can sleep up to 10 guests at one time, and welcomes children aged 10 and older.
Each secluded thatched suite is beautifully done out in tasteful contemporary Afro-chic décor and features a king-size bed, luxurious en-suite bathroom, indoor and outdoor showers, and a private wooden sundeck from where you can observe the comings and goings of the resident bird- and wildlife at your leisure.
The spacious Honeymoon suite is designed specifically with an intimate couples’ breakaway in mind. In addition to the abovementioned features, this amorous idyll has a built-in fireplace where you can indulge in a little vino, and a private Jacuzzi perfect for a revitalizing soak.
The main Lodge area is just as stylishly appointed as the suites and includes two lounges – one with an open fireplace, the other with a TV for those seeking a dose of reality, plus indoor and outdoor dining areas, and an expansive wooden terrace with a centrally placed swimming pool where you can escape the heat of the day.
A stay at Tshwene affords guests ample opportunity to explore the rich biodiversity and breathtaking terrain of Welgevonden Game Reserve. The Lodge offers twice daily game drives conducted by expert rangers knowledgeable in the finer details of the abundant flora and fauna species, many of which are endemic to the greater Waterberg area. While the guided walking safaris – available by prior arrangement – promise an even more unforgettable bushveld encounter.
Mealtimes at Tshwene Lodge are a culinary event in themselves, freshly prepared by our local chef and served on a flexible schedule to accommodate guests returning from game drives and guided walks. Post dinner, treat yourself to a refreshing cocktail as you relish in the glorious peace of another starlit night in this ancient African paradise.
If you’re looking for an exclusive hideaway where you can get away from it all and enjoy the best that Welgevonden Game Reserve and the greater Waterberg area has to offer in complete comfort, Tshwene Lodge is sure to be among your top choices.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Seasonal Rates||1 Jan 2020 to 31 Dec 2020|
|All Suite - Per Person Per Night Sharing||R5 600|
|All Suite - Single per person / per day||R7 050|
Reserve entry fee R 150 per person / per day
INTIMATE | Just 10 guests in this canopied hideaway.
PERFECTLY BASED | Easy access to all the diverse areas of the reserve.
UNIQUE SPECIES | Many species endemic to the Waterberg area.
ANCIENT SURROUNDS | One of the oldest mountain ranges on earth.
HONEYMOON SUITE | A playful & romantic suite for couples.
INDOOR/OUTDOOR | Enjoy a bath or shower with a view of the stars.
TARIFFS ARE QUOTED
- Inclusive of VAT
- In South African Rands
- Subject to availability
- All tariffs quoted are subject to change,without prior notice
- Rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
- Fully-serviced luxury accommodation
- Two game drives per day in open safari vehicles with sun-downers and snacks
- Three meals daily
- Tea and coffee
- Wi-Fi in central area
- Road transfer from the Welgevonden Main Gate or either of the 2 runways to the lodge.
- All drinks, excl. tea, coffee and water
- Curio shop purchases
- Premium wines from our wine cellar
- Telephone calls
- Lodge transfers
- Park entrance fee per person/per day (subject to change without prior notification)
- Compulsory international fully comprehensive travel insurance.
- 5 Luxury Suites and 1 Honeymoon Suite accommodating up to 10 guests only
- Furnished with king size beds, suites include an indoor/outdoor shower, large bath and outdoor terrace.
FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Central swimming pool with expansive deck
- Lounge, bar and dining room
- Open vehicle game drives
- Walking safaris (by prior arrangement only).
- We do not accept children under the age of 10 years old, unless exclusive use of the lodge is taken
- Children 6 to 11 years of age pay 50% of the full rate if sharing with parents
- Children 12 to 18 years of age pay the full rate
- Please note that the rooms have open balconies and the lodge and swimming pool are both unfenced
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- A deposit of 25% of the total accommodation charge is required to confirm a provisional reservation and full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival
- Extras may be settled at the lodge
- All Bookings over Christmas and New Year’s Eve can only be secured once a 25% non- refundable deposit has been paid.
- 4 weeks before arrival - 50% of full amount
- 2 weeks before arrival - 75% of full amount
- 1 week or less - 100% of full amount.
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE
- Guests will be collected at 12h30 on date of arrival at the Main Gate
- Rooms are to be vacated by 11h00.
Please note, there is a late pick up or early departure fee of R1500.00 per trip to the main gate.
Directions via Johannesburg to Welgevonden Main Gate (2.5 to 3 hours, 250 km)
- Follow the N1 Polokwane highway northbound
- At Kranskop Toll Plaza keep left and take the Modimolle (Nylstroom) offramp
- From the off-ramp to Modimolle is ± 10 km
- Drive straight through Modimolle to Vaalwater which is ± 60 km
- Proceed straight through Vaalwater - Do not turn off anywhere
- Turn left off tar road at Welgevonden main gate sign.
Please be aware that there are signs to other gates for Welgevonden – please follow the “Main Gate” pointers.
Welgevonden Game Reserve Entry Fee: per person per day (subject to change without prior notice).
PRIVATE AIR & CHARTERS / TRANSFERS:
- Daily charter flights and road transfers can be organised on request through reservations
- There are 2 runways in Welgevonden for guest use, please contact reservations for more information
- Road transfers can be arranged through our preferred suppliers.