Sediba Game Lodge is situated in the magnificent, malaria-free Welgevonden Game Reserve, renowned worldwide for its rich biodiversity, including the Big 5. This exclusive Lodge is divided into two sections, namely Letlapa and Letlapala, a 10-minute drive apart from one another by gravel road.
Letlapa, meaning “rock” in the local language, offers guests ten double suites and lies in a valley with a perennial stream running through it. Letlapa’s striking design and the sheer size of the suites make it the more impressive of Sediba’s two Lodges. While Letlapala, meaning “place of the sun,” is the more intimate Lodge with only five double suites and one main area. Its secluded atmosphere is assured by the fact that Letlapala is nestled between the towering indigenous trees on one of Welgevonden’s numerous wooded slopes.
No detail has been overlooked to ensure Sediba Lodge provides guests a tranquil haven and a truly unique African wilderness experience. Clearly inspired by the natural environment, the emphasis at the Lodge is on organic design elements and minimalist décor. This fresh, contemporary style is evident in each of Sediba’s 15 luxurious suites, lending them an air of refined serenity.
Each sumptuous suite features an open-plan sitting area, fireplace, spacious double bedroom, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, mini-bar, air-conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities plus a private wooden terrace with a built-in Jacuzzi where you can enjoy a rejuvenating soak as you take in the majestic views of the distant Waterberg mountains. Furthermore, one of Sediba’s suites has been built to provide wheelchair access.
A stay at Sediba Lodge is your opportunity to enjoy the best Welgevonden, and the greater Waterberg area has to offer. Adventure activities include twice daily game drives in 4X4 open jeeps with experienced, knowledgeable rangers on hand to point out the various fauna and flora you’re likely to encounter. The afternoon game includes a sundowner stop with drinks and snacks; what better way to end to celebrate a fabulous day on safari. Private game drives can be arranged on request. For a chance to get a more up-close- and-personal perspective on Welgevonden’s pristine bushveld and its resident bird- and wildlife be sure to visit the Lodge’s secluded viewing hides.
Inbetween, take a break from your thrilling wilderness ventures to put in some serious downtime alongside the invitingly cool swimming pool. Or spoil yourself with a glorious array of indulgent health and beauty treatments in Sediba’s professional salon. Available treatments include aromatherapy, facials, pedicures and various massages, and can always be administered in the privacy of your suite if you wish. And fitness enthusiasts will be happy to learn that Letlapa houses a fully-equipped gym plus sauna/steam room, both of which are complementary and can be used at any time without guests needing to make a booking.
Sediba Lodge prides itself on its world-class hospitality, and guests can be certain of personal service around the clock. Mealtimes are no exception, and Sediba’s delectable gourmet cuisine, well-stocked wine cellar, and delightful dining venues are bound to leave a lasting impression.
If you’re looking for a Lodge where you can experience the ultimate in African bushveld breakaways without compromising on your creature comforts or modern conveniences, you’ll find Sediba’s Letlapa and Letlapa accommodation options more than live up to your expectations.
|Seasonal Rates||1 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Single Per Night||
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||
- Luxurious Suite Accommodation with private Jacuzzi
- All meals, tea’s, coffee’s, snacks and game drive snacks.
- Two game drives daily (06:00 in the morning and 16:00 in the afternoon)
- Welcome cocktail drink on arrival
- 15% VAT
The items below are not included and will be charged to their account at the Lodge:
- All Beauty Treatments
- Purchases from the mini-bar in suite
- Purchases from Curio Shop
- Road and Air Transfers on request
- All purchases from bar including game drive drinks
- Cigars and cigarettes
- R120,00 pppn bed night fee
- A 50% deposit is required in order to guarantee the reservation. Until this amount is paid, the reservation shall be treated as a provisional reservation.
- The balance of 50% of the total bill shall be paid 12 days prior to the arrival date. A final rooming list must be provided at this time.
- If bookings are made at short notice (less than 15 days prior to arrival) a 100% deposit is required to secure the booking.
- Unless we receive complete Guest Information as required in our forms at least 48 hours prior to arrival at the Lodge – we will not accept any responsibility for any errors that may arise during your client’s stay.
We have two pick-up times from the Western gate at 12h00 and 14h00. Should clients require other pick-up times – this will be done at an extra cost of R355.00 per trip.
Trust the above is in order. Please contact me should you require any further information or assistance.
Looking forward to welcoming your guests to Sediba Private Game Lodge.
Assuring you of our best service and attention at all times.
- Cancellation made before six weeks of stay 50% of deposit will be returned.
- Cancellation made between six and three weeks a 70% cancellation fee from the deposit will be taken.
- Cancellations made three weeks or less prior to stay a 75% cancellation fee from deposit will be taken.
- Cancellation made between 7 and 10 days prior to stay a 100% cancellation fee from the deposit will be taken.
- Should a cancellation be made prior to six weeks of arrival, and guests want to reschedule their stay this will be done at no charge if there is availability on requested dates.
- Children of the age of 10 and above are allowed and pay the full rate. Children below the age of 10 are on request.
- Please contact us directly for special group rates (valid from 6 persons or more).
Meetings or special occasions
Ever dreamed of your own private getaway in the bush? Sediba's smallest lodge, Letlapala is perfect for a family celebration, accommodating up to 10 guests. Next to that Sediba has the ideal facilities to cater for company's bush breaks, weddings, anniversaries, etc. For further information please contact us
The hand-crafted and secluded suites are designed with spacious double bedrooms, en-suite lounges with fire places and some with open-plan bathrooms. Along with modern day comforts such as air-conditioning, each suite has private viewing deck overlooking the majestic Waterberg mountains. The decks have relaxing built-in Jacuzzi's and outdoor showers for guest enjoyment in complete privacy. Every detail in Sediba's unique suites has been carefully selected to create a refined balance of wild luxury. Of its fifteen exclusive suites, one suite has been specially prepared to accommodate our disabled
The suites at Sediba are equipped with the following facilities:
- Air-conditioning & heating
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Private wooden terraces with outside built-in Jacuzzi's
- Outside shower
- Fire place
- Safe deposit box
- Approx. 120m2
Health and beauty salon
Sediba has a professional salon for health and beauty treatments. Available treatments include aromatherapy, facials, pedicures and a variety of different massages. Our salon stocks specialised sunscreens and a selection of skin care products. The therapist will advise you on the products best suitable to your skin type. Treatments are also possible in the secluded surroundings of your suite.
- Body Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Stone Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Luxury Environ Facial
- Indian Head Massage
- Mud Facial
- Back & Neck Massage
- Full Body Wrap
Fitness and steam room
A fully equipped gym and sauna/ steam room are available at Letlapa. Use of the gym and sauna are complimentary and do not require booking.
Each lodge has its own swimming pool.
- Lodge overview
- Two all-suite lodges (Letlapa and Letlapala). 10 minute drive from each other.
- Total of 15 suites (size approx. 120m2)
- Curio shop
- Wine cellar
- Beauty salon, steam room, sauna, fitness
- Swimming pool at each lodge
- Traditional African Boma and a spectacular 'rock' Boma
- Daily game drives in open 4x4 jeeps
- Meeting facilities
Welgevonden is one of the largest privately owned reserves in South Africa, covering 37 000 hectares of pristine bushveld in the malaria-free Waterberg region.
Welgevonden is home to over 50 different mammals, including the Big Five, and boasts one of the largest populations of white rhino on a private reserve anywhere in Africa.
There are rare and unusual species too, such as brown hyena, aardwolf and aardvark. It is the diversity of habitat on the reserve that encourages such a wide range of wildlife as well as over 300 bird species.
No private vehicles are permitted, which ensures minimal human impact and the ultimate wilderness experience. Historically, wildlife on the reserve has never been hunted so game viewing is always up close and personal. There is also ancient and delicate Bushman rock art on Welgevonden.
We offer two exciting game drives daily in open 4x4 jeeps.Morning drive starts at 06.00AM with a coffee/tea stop during the drive. Breakfast is served upon returning. Afternoon drive starts at 16.00PM including a sundowner stop with drinks and snacks. Private game drives can be arranged upon request and an extra charge.