Sediba Game Lodge is situated in the magnificent, malaria-free Welgevonden Game Reserve, renowned worldwide for its rich biodiversity, including the Big 5. This exclusive Lodge is divided into two sections, namely Letlapa and Letlapala, a 10-minute drive apart from one another by gravel road.
Letlapa, meaning “rock” in the local language, offers guests ten double suites and lies in a valley with a perennial stream running through it. Letlapa’s striking design and the sheer size of the suites make it the more impressive of Sediba’s two Lodges. While Letlapala, meaning “place of the sun,” is the more intimate Lodge with only five double suites and one main area. Its secluded atmosphere is assured by the fact that Letlapala is nestled between the towering indigenous trees on one of Welgevonden’s numerous wooded slopes.
No detail has been overlooked to ensure Sediba Lodge provides guests a tranquil haven and a truly unique African wilderness experience. Clearly inspired by the natural environment, the emphasis at the Lodge is on organic design elements and minimalist décor. This fresh, contemporary style is evident in each of Sediba’s 15 luxurious suites, lending them an air of refined serenity.
Each sumptuous suite features an open-plan sitting area, fireplace, spacious double bedroom, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower, mini-bar, air-conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities plus a private wooden terrace with a built-in Jacuzzi where you can enjoy a rejuvenating soak as you take in the majestic views of the distant Waterberg mountains. Furthermore, one of Sediba’s suites has been built to provide wheelchair access.
A stay at Sediba Lodge is your opportunity to enjoy the best Welgevonden, and the greater Waterberg area has to offer. Adventure activities include twice daily game drives in 4X4 open jeeps with experienced, knowledgeable rangers on hand to point out the various fauna and flora you’re likely to encounter. The afternoon game includes a sundowner stop with drinks and snacks; what better way to end to celebrate a fabulous day on safari. Private game drives can be arranged on request. For a chance to get a more up-close- and-personal perspective on Welgevonden’s pristine bushveld and its resident bird- and wildlife be sure to visit the Lodge’s secluded viewing hides.
Inbetween, take a break from your thrilling wilderness ventures to put in some serious downtime alongside the invitingly cool swimming pool. Or spoil yourself with a glorious array of indulgent health and beauty treatments in Sediba’s professional salon. Available treatments include aromatherapy, facials, pedicures and various massages, and can always be administered in the privacy of your suite if you wish. And fitness enthusiasts will be happy to learn that Letlapa houses a fully-equipped gym plus sauna/steam room, both of which are complementary and can be used at any time without guests needing to make a booking.
Sediba Lodge prides itself on its world-class hospitality, and guests can be certain of personal service around the clock. Mealtimes are no exception, and Sediba’s delectable gourmet cuisine, well-stocked wine cellar, and delightful dining venues are bound to leave a lasting impression.
If you’re looking for a Lodge where you can experience the ultimate in African bushveld breakaways without compromising on your creature comforts or modern conveniences, you’ll find Sediba’s Letlapa and Letlapa accommodation options more than live up to your expectations.
- The Lodge
|Seasonal Rates||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Single Per Night||
|Per Person Per Night Sharing||
Sediba consists of two luxurious all-suite lodges, Letlapa (rock lodge) and Letlapala (mountain lodge) . The lodges are separated by a gravel road and are a ten minute drive apart from one another and as both provide an equal source of wellbeing and complete relaxation. The lodge has a total capacity of merely 15 private suites; a guarantee for a unique “African Experience” with the highest level of personalized service and attention during your stay.
Facilities at the lodges are:
- Swimming pools at both lodges
- Beauty treatments at both lodges
- Steam room, sauna and gym at Letlapa
- Wine cellar at Letlapa
- Well-stocked bar at both lodges
- Fire places at both lodges
- Meeting facilities at Letlapa
Letlapa meaning 'rock' lodge, is situated in a valley with a perennial stream running through it. Letlapa has ten double villas and is, as a result of the design and sheer size of the suites the more spectacular of the two lodges. The villas are walking distance from the main lodge but can also be reached by golf carts. In the main lodge you will find the beauty salon, steam room, sauna, gym, natural rock swimming pool, library and a well-stocked bar. Letlapa also has an unique dining experience as it has a Natural Rock Boma. The impressive structure of solid rock walls combined with spectacular light, smoke and fire effects, provide the illusion dining in a cave starlit by the African sky. An experience that is one-of-a-kind to be exclusively enjoyed at Sediba. If you wish to book a villa at Letlapa please add this as a prefence during the booking.
Letlapala translated to 'place of the sun', is the more intimate of the two lodges as it has a mere five double guest villas and one main lodge. All villas are in walking distance of the main lodge. In the main lodge you will find the beauty salon, swimming pool and well-stocked bar. If you wish to book a villas at Letlapala please add this as a preference during the booking.
Mealtimes are pleasurable experiences at Sediba where our chefs create mouth-watering masterpieces for our guests enjoyment. Three meals are served daily. Meals can be served at various locations such as on the lodge's main decks, one of the spectacular and traditional boma's or in the dining rooms inside. On special request private candle lit dinners in the guest's suites or on the terrace can also be arranged. Both lodges boast well stocked bars with a wide range of local and international drinks.
- Subliminal standard of personal service
- Luxury all-suite accommodation in one of our exclusive villa
- Welcome cocktail upon arrival
- Two exciting game drives (06.00AM & 16.00PM)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Complimentary tea and coffee in villa
- Scheduled return transfers van Welgevonden West Gate (25 min. to lodge) from 12.00AM till 14.00PM. For different times for transfers there will be an extra charge of R350 per trip.
- Extensive use of fully equipped gym, rejuvenating steam room and sauna
- VAT of 15%
- All beauty treatments
- All beverages purchased at main bar and from mini-bar in suite
- Use of telephone and internet connections
- Cigars and cigarettes
- Laundry services
- Conservation levy charge R125 p.p. per night
- A 50% deposit is required in order to guarantee the reservation. Until this amount is paid, the reservation shall be treated as a provisional reservation.
- The balance of 50% of the total bill shall be paid 12 days prior to the arrival date. A final rooming list must be provided at this time.
- If bookings are made at short notice (less than 15 days prior to arrival) a 100% deposit is required to secure the booking.
- Unless we receive complete Guest Information as required in our forms at least 48 hours prior to arrival at the Lodge – we will not accept any responsibility for any errors that may arise during your client’s stay.
We have two pick-up times from the Western gate at 12h00 and 14h00. Should clients require other pick-up times – this will be done at an extra cost of R355.00 per trip.
Trust the above is in order. Please contact me should you require any further information or assistance.
Looking forward to welcoming your guests to Sediba Private Game Lodge.
Assuring you of our best service and attention at all times.
- Cancellation made before six weeks of stay 50% of deposit will be returned.
- Cancellation made between six and three weeks a 70% cancellation fee from the deposit will be taken.
- Cancellations made three weeks or less prior to stay a 75% cancellation fee from deposit will be taken.
- Cancellation made between 7 and 10 days prior to stay a 100% cancellation fee from the deposit will be taken.
- Should a cancellation be made prior to six weeks of arrival, and guests want to reschedule their stay this will be done at no charge if there is availability on requested dates.
CHILD POLICY (only applicable at the Mounta in Lo dge)
- Childre n ag ed b elo w 4 : Sta y for f ree
- Childre n ag ed 4 – 12 : Pa y 5 0% o f th e applic abl e r ate p er ad ult sh arin g
- Childre n ag ed 12 and old e r : Pa y th e full r ate
- Please contact us directly for special group rates (valid from 6 persons or more).
Meetings or special occasions
Ever dreamed of your own private getaway in the bush? Sediba's smallest lodge, Letlapala is perfect for a family celebration, accommodating up to 10 guests. Next to that Sediba has the ideal facilities to cater for company's bush breaks, weddings, anniversaries, etc. For further information please contact us
The hand-crafted, secluded and private villas are designed with spacious double bedrooms, en-suite lounges with fire places and some with open-plan bathrooms. Along with modern day comforts such as air-conditioning, each suite has private viewing deck overlooking the majestic Waterberg mountains. The decks have relaxing built-in Jacuzzi's and outdoor showers for guest enjoyment in complete privacy. Every detail in Sediba's unique suites has been carefully selected to create a refined balance of wild luxury. Of its fifteen exclusive suites, one suite has been specially prepared to accommodate our disabled guests.
Villas facilities are:
- Size approx. 120m2
- Air-conditioning and fan
- Bathroom amenities
- Outside Jacuzzi and shower
- Private sundeck
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Safe deposit box
- Open planned or closed bathrooms can be added as a preference during the booking
Health and beauty salon
Sediba has a professional salon for health and beauty treatments. Available treatments include aromatherapy, facials, pedicures and a variety of different massages. Our salon stocks specialised sunscreens and a selection of skin care products. The therapist will advise you on the products best suitable to your skin type. Treatments are also possible in the secluded surroundings of your suite.
- Body Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Stone Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Luxury Environ Facial
- Indian Head Massage
- Mud Facial
- Back & Neck Massage
- Full Body Wrap
Steam room and sauna
Situated at Letlapa main lodge you can relax in between or after game drives in the steam room and sauna.
Letlapa and Letlapala both have outside swimming pools and sundecks.
Situated at Letlapa main lodge there is a fully equipped gym.
Welgevonden is one of the largest privately owned reserves in South Africa, covering 37 000 hectares of pristine bushveld in the malaria-free Waterberg region.
Welgevonden is home to over 50 different mammals, including the Big Five, and boasts one of the largest populations of white rhino on a private reserve anywhere in Africa. There are rare and unusual species too, such as brown hyena, aardwolf and aardvark. It is the diversity of habitat on the reserve that encourages such a wide range of wildlife as well as over 300 bird species.
No private vehicles are permitted, which ensures minimal human impact and the ultimate wilderness experience. Historically, wildlife on the reserve has never been hunted so game viewing is always up close and personal. There is also ancient and delicate Bushman rock art on Welgevonden.
We offer two exciting game drives daily in open 4x4 jeeps. Morning drive starts at 06.00AM with a coffee/tea stop during the drive. Breakfast is served upon returning. Afternoon drive starts at 16.00PM including a sundowner stop with drinks and snacks. Private game drives can be arranged upon request and an extra charge.
For those who want feel the thrill of encountering wildlife on foot, walks can be organized upon request.
With not a big city in reach, the sky is full of stars at Sediba. We can arrange for stargazing evenings upon request.