Nungubane Game Lodge lies on the slopes of one of Welgevonden numerous gorges, from where it commands majestic views over the Reserve’s vibrant, rugged terrain. With its timelessly classic design, flawless finishes and plush furnishings, this exclusive Lodge is sure to find favour with the discerning wildlife enthusiast.
Nungubane Game Lodge can host up to ten guests at one time in five elegant thatched chalets, elevated to make the most of the captivating views and ensure guests enjoy
maximum solitude. The chalets are done out in the same sophisticated African-inspired style evident in the main Lodge with a rich earthy palette that perfectly complements the natural environment.
Set against the backdrop of the magnificent Waterberg range, each spacious chalet offers guests an ample sitting area with open fireplace, writing desk, beautiful en-suite
bathroom, outdoor shower, overhead fan, mosquito netting, tea and coffee making facilities plus a private sundeck. Two of the chalets have king-size beds while the
remaining three chalets are fitted with twin beds.
The focus at Nungubane is very much on the great outdoors with its big draw being the opportunities it affords guests for unrivalled game viewing. The Lodge offers morning
and evening game drives in the company of knowledgeable and experienced rangers. The guided walking safaris provide further occasions to explore Welgevonden’s
fascinating biodiversity, including the Big 5, 16 antelope species, and 250+ bird species.
Nungubane’s refined ambience, ever-vigilant staff, and five-star cuisine are a testimony to its gracious hospitality.
Luxuriate in the sheer tranquility of the surrounding terrain from the cool comfort of the lounge and bar. Laze away the afternoon alongside the infinity pool which is perched on a generous viewing deck overlooking the Welgevonden’s expansive bushveld below. Or take advantage of Lodge’s hide to for an up-close- and-personal view of Welgevonden’s resident bird- and wildlife enjoying a refreshing drink at the waterhole. Conclude another perfect day in this pristine wilderness area with a five-star dinner on the lodge deck or in the firelit boma, under the canopy of a brilliant night sky. Intimate romantic bush dinners can also be arranged on request.
- Getting there
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|15 Jan 2017 to 30 Nov 2017|
|Mid-week Sunday – Thursday - per person sharing||2 080.00|
|Weekend Friday & Saturday - per person sharing||2 355.00|
|7 day last minute rate per person sharing||1 905.00|
|1 Dec 2017 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Suites - per person sharing||3 210.00|
|Suites - per person per night single supplement||3 625.00|
Nungubane welcomes a maximum of ten guests in an atmosphere of intimate luxury. Guests are accommodated in spacious chalets, which command majestic views over the reserve from their individual decks.
Nungubane is known for the warmth of its welcome, the friendliness of its staff, and for its highly commended cuisine.
ROOM CONFIGURATION - 5 luxury chalets in total:
- 2 Rooms with king size beds
- 3 Rooms with twin beds
GENERAL INFORMATION ON ALL ROOMS
- Each chalet has its own deck
- All Chalets have en-suite bathrooms
- Extra outdoor showers in each chalet
- Overhead fans
- Tea and coffee making facilities
During the heat of the day, relax by the pool, or in the cool comfort of the spacious main lodge. In the evening, dine on the lodge deck or by firelight in the boma, under the stars.
- Game Drives in open vehicles
- Bush Dinners
- Bird Watching
- Walking Safaris (on request)
Single supplement 2017 – 50% of the per person sharing rate Children – 50% of the per person sharing rate when sharing with two adults
- Accommodation, all meals, teas & snacks, two daily safari activities and transfers to and from the Welgevonden West Gate. Pick up at West gate is either 12h30 or 14h30
- Park entrance fees as determined by Welgevonden Landowners Association, all drinks and items of a personal nature
Terms & Conditions
- Non-refundable 20% deposit is required to confirm any reservation.
- Full payment of the balance is due 30 days prior to guests arrival, unless the booking is made within 30 days, in which case full payment will be required to confirm the reservation.
Pick Up Time : Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate: 12:30 hrs
Drop off Time : Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate: a) 12:00 hrs
Pick Up / Drop Off times outside of these scheduled times, will incur an additional service fee of ZAR 250.00 per transfer.
The following cancellation terms and conditions will apply to reservations which are cancelled in part or in full as follows;
- 60 and 30 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total amount will be due.
- 29 and 15 days prior to arrival – 75% of the total amount will be due.
- 14 and 0 days prior to arrival – 90% of the total amount will be due.
- Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari.
- Baby - sitting needs to be arranged in advance, and is at an additional charge
The lodge reserves the right to restrict one night weekend and peak period bookings.
From Johannesburg take the N1 towards Polokwane (Pietersburg) to the Kranskop Toll Plaza. At the Toll Plaza follow the Modimolle (Nylstroom) off ramp. Continue through Modimolle (Nylstroom), carry on through Mabatlane (Vaalwater) and continue to the Main Gate - 26 Kilometres from Vaalwater. Do not enter the Main Gate but rather continue on until the Schoongelegen turn-off (22.5 km's). Turn left to Schoongelegen and continue on sand road to the West Gate (16.5 km's). Enter at the West Gate (be sure not to enter at the contractors gate). Secure parking is provided at the West Gate and a
vehicle will transport you to your private game lodge.