Nungubane Game Lodge lies on the slopes of one of Welgevonden numerous gorges, from where it commands majestic views over the Reserve’s vibrant, rugged terrain. With its timelessly classic design, flawless finishes and plush furnishings, this exclusive Lodge is sure to find favour with the discerning wildlife enthusiast.
Nungubane Game Lodge can host up to ten guests at one time in five elegant thatched chalets, elevated to make the most of the captivating views and ensure guests enjoy
maximum solitude. The chalets are done out in the same sophisticated African-inspired style evident in the main Lodge with a rich earthy palette that perfectly complements the natural environment.
Set against the backdrop of the magnificent Waterberg range, each spacious chalet offers guests an ample sitting area with open fireplace, writing desk, beautiful en-suite
bathroom, outdoor shower, overhead fan, mosquito netting, tea and coffee making facilities plus a private sundeck. Two of the chalets have king-size beds while the
remaining three chalets are fitted with twin beds.
The focus at Nungubane is very much on the great outdoors with its big draw being the opportunities it affords guests for unrivalled game viewing. The Lodge offers morning
and evening game drives in the company of knowledgeable and experienced rangers. The guided walking safaris provide further occasions to explore Welgevonden’s
fascinating biodiversity, including the Big 5, 16 antelope species, and 250+ bird species.
Nungubane’s refined ambience, ever-vigilant staff, and five-star cuisine are a testimony to its gracious hospitality.
Luxuriate in the sheer tranquility of the surrounding terrain from the cool comfort of the lounge and bar. Laze away the afternoon alongside the infinity pool which is perched on a generous viewing deck overlooking the Welgevonden’s expansive bushveld below. Or take advantage of Lodge’s hide to for an up-close- and-personal view of Welgevonden’s resident bird- and wildlife enjoying a refreshing drink at the waterhole. Conclude another perfect day in this pristine wilderness area with a five-star dinner on the lodge deck or in the firelit boma, under the canopy of a brilliant night sky. Intimate romantic bush dinners can also be arranged on request.
- Getting there
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|1 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Suites - per person sharing||3 635.00|
|Suites - per person per night single supplement||5 450.00|
Nungubane welcomes a maximum of ten guests in an atmosphere of intimate luxury. Guests are accommodated in spacious chalets, which command majestic views over the reserve from their individual decks.
Nungubane is known for the warmth of its welcome, the friendliness of its staff, and for its highly commended cuisine.
ROOM CONFIGURATION - 5 luxury chalets in total:
- 2 Rooms with king size beds
- 3 Rooms with twin beds
GENERAL INFORMATION ON ALL ROOMS
- Each chalet has its own deck
- All Chalets have en-suite bathrooms
- Extra outdoor showers in each chalet
- Overhead fans
- Tea and coffee making facilities
During the heat of the day, relax by the pool, or in the cool comfort of the spacious main lodge. In the evening, dine on the lodge deck or by firelight in the boma, under the stars.
- Game Drives in open vehicles
- Bush Dinners
- Bird Watching
- Walking Safaris (on request)
- Accommodation, meals, safaris and tax.
- Reserve conservation fees, items of a personal nature and all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Regret no children under the age of 12 years.
- Reserve Conservation Fee : ZAR 165.00 per person per night payable on departure.
- Guest Pick Up time from the Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate : Scheduled for 12:30 hrs
- Out of scheduled pick up times : ZAR 250.00 per transfer.
Confirmation of a reservation:
- a. A reservation will only be confirmed upon receipt of a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- b. Payment of the remaining 75% must be made 31 days prior to arrival.
- c. A 100% immediate payment is required for bookings made less than 31 days prior to arrival date.
- d. Payment of the deposit as referred to above shall constitute acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. e. Final reservation details and rooming lists are required 31 days prior to arrival.
For transactions originating outside the Republic of South Africa, all amounts due must be requisitioned in ZAR – South African Rand only. Should an amount due be requisitioned as a foreign currency amount, the drawer will be invoiced for any resultant foreign exchange commission charges.
a. Nungubane Game Lodge reserves the right to immediately cancel any guaranteed and / or provisional booking(s) that fail to comply with the payments policies as listed above.
b. Cancellation or rescheduling requests will only become effective on receipt of a written request. In addition to this a cancellation / rescheduling penalty will be levied as follows:
Number of days prior to arrival:
Date of confirmation
- – 46 days - 25% non-refundable deposit
- 45 – 32 days - 50% of total value of the reservation
- 31 or fewer days - 100% of total value of the reservation
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TRANSFERS
Check In: 12h30 or 14h30 | Check Out: 11h00
From Johannesburg take the N1 towards Polokwane (Pietersburg) to the Kranskop Toll Plaza. At the Toll Plaza follow the Modimolle (Nylstroom) off ramp. Continue through Modimolle (Nylstroom), carry on through Mabatlane (Vaalwater) and continue to the Main Gate - 26 Kilometres from Vaalwater. Do not enter the Main Gate but rather continue on until the Schoongelegen turn-off (22.5 km's). Turn left to Schoongelegen and continue on sand road to the West Gate (16.5 km's). Enter at the West Gate (be sure not to enter at the contractors gate). Secure parking is provided at the West Gate and a
vehicle will transport you to your private game lodge.