Nungubane Game Lodge lies on the slopes of one of Welgevonden numerous gorges, from where it commands majestic views over the Reserve’s vibrant, rugged terrain. With its timelessly classic design, flawless finishes and plush furnishings, this exclusive Lodge is sure to find favour with the discerning wildlife enthusiast.
Nungubane Game Lodge can host up to ten guests at one time in five elegant thatched chalets, elevated to make the most of the captivating views and ensure guests enjoy
maximum solitude. The chalets are done out in the same sophisticated African-inspired style evident in the main Lodge with a rich earthy palette that perfectly complements the natural environment.
Set against the backdrop of the magnificent Waterberg range, each spacious chalet offers guests an ample sitting area with open fireplace, writing desk, beautiful en-suite
bathroom, outdoor shower, overhead fan, mosquito netting, tea and coffee making facilities plus a private sundeck. Two of the chalets have king-size beds while the
remaining three chalets are fitted with twin beds.
The focus at Nungubane is very much on the great outdoors with its big draw being the opportunities it affords guests for unrivalled game viewing. The Lodge offers morning
and evening game drives in the company of knowledgeable and experienced rangers. The guided walking safaris provide further occasions to explore Welgevonden’s
fascinating biodiversity, including the Big 5, 16 antelope species, and 250+ bird species.
Nungubane’s refined ambience, ever-vigilant staff, and five-star cuisine are a testimony to its gracious hospitality.
Luxuriate in the sheer tranquility of the surrounding terrain from the cool comfort of the lounge and bar. Laze away the afternoon alongside the infinity pool which is perched on a generous viewing deck overlooking the Welgevonden’s expansive bushveld below. Or take advantage of Lodge’s hide to for an up-close- and-personal view of Welgevonden’s resident bird- and wildlife enjoying a refreshing drink at the waterhole. Conclude another perfect day in this pristine wilderness area with a five-star dinner on the lodge deck or in the firelit boma, under the canopy of a brilliant night sky. Intimate romantic bush dinners can also be arranged on request.
- Getting there
- Fact Sheet
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Suites - per person sharing||R3 840|
|Suites - per person per night single||R4 800|
Nungubane welcomes a maximum of ten guests in an atmosphere of intimate luxury. Guests are accommodated in spacious chalets, which command majestic views over the reserve from their individual decks.
Nungubane is known for the warmth of its welcome, the friendliness of its staff, and for its highly commended cuisine.
ROOM CONFIGURATION - 5 luxury chalets in total:
- 2 Rooms with king size beds
- 3 Rooms with twin beds
GENERAL INFORMATION ON ALL ROOMS
- Each chalet has its own deck
- All Chalets have en-suite bathrooms
- Extra outdoor showers in each chalet
- Overhead fans
- Tea and coffee making facilities
During the heat of the day, relax by the pool, or in the cool comfort of the spacious main lodge. In the evening, dine on the lodge deck or by firelight in the boma, under the stars.
- Game Drives in open vehicles
- Bush Dinners
- Bird Watching
- Walking Safaris (on request)
- Rates are quoted in SA Rand (ZAR)
- Rates are inclusive of vat.
Reserve Conservation Fee:
- ZAR 165.00 per person per night – payable on departure (subject to change)
- Three meals a day
- Teas / Coffees
- Two game drives per day
- Scheduled transfers from / to The Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Wi-Fi services (fees on application at the Lodge)
Out of Scheduled Transfers:
- Pick Up Time from The Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate : 12:30 hrs
- Drop Off Time at The Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate : 12:00 hrs
- Out of scheduled transfer time requests will incur a service fee of (2019) ZAR 200.00 per person per transfer
- Regret no children under the age of 12 years.
- Children 12 years and older pay standard rates.
- . Five (5) x Chalets accommodating two adults per chalet.
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure and confirm a reservation.
- Full prepayment is required if a reservation is made 4 weeks prior to arrival date.
- Final payment is due 4 weeks prior to arrival date.
- Cancellation of any reservation must be received in writing.
- 30 days prior to travel date : 25% of the total cost is forfeited.
- 30 days to 15 days prior to travel date : 50% of the total cost is forfeited.
- 14 days to 0 days prior to travel date : 100% of the total cost is forfeited.
Rates are valid at the time of making a reservation but until such time as full and final payment has been received, the price is subject to change without notice. In the event of any unscheduled travel arrangements caused by bad weather, strikes, operational considerations or any other cause which is beyond our control, it is understood that any expenses relating to these causes will be for the Guests account. We do not accept any liability for any changes, omissions or delays occasioned by operational, technical difficulties, weather conditions, strikes or communication breakdowns or the like. The cost of any alternative arrangements will be for the Guests account which may include accommodation, road transfers or onward scheduled flight reservations. The onus is on all guests to ensure that they have adequate comprehensive travel insurance to cover costs incurred in the event of a reservation cancellation.
- Reserve Conservation Fee : ZAR 165.00 per person per night payable on departure.
- Guest Pick Up time from the Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate : Scheduled for 12:30 hrs
- Out of scheduled pick up times : (2018) ZAR 250.00 per transfer.
Confirmation of a reservation:
- a. A reservation will only be confirmed upon receipt of a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- b. Payment of the remaining 75% must be made 31 days prior to arrival.
- c. A 100% immediate payment is required for bookings made less than 31 days prior to arrival date.
- d. Payment of the deposit as referred to above shall constitute acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. e. Final reservation details and rooming lists are required 31 days prior to arrival.
For transactions originating outside the Republic of South Africa, all amounts due must be requisitioned in ZAR – South African Rand only. Should an amount due be requisitioned as a foreign currency amount, the drawer will be invoiced for any resultant foreign exchange commission charges.
a. Nungubane Game Lodge reserves the right to immediately cancel any guaranteed and / or provisional booking(s) that fail to comply with the payments policies as listed above.
b. Cancellation or rescheduling requests will only become effective on receipt of a written request. In addition to this a cancellation / rescheduling penalty will be levied as follows:
Number of days prior to arrival:
Date of Confirmation
- – 46 days - 25% non-refundable deposit
- 45 – 32 days - 50% of total value of the reservation
- 31 or fewer days - 100% of total value of the reservation
Arrival and Departure Transfers
Check In: 12h30 or 14h30 | Check Out: 11h00
- BY ROAD:
From Johannesburg take the N1 towards Polokwane (Pietersburg) to the Kranskop Toll Plaza. At the Toll Plaza follow the Modimolle (Nylstroom) off ramp.
- Continue through Modimolle (Nylstroom), carry on through Mabatlane (Vaalwater) and continue to the Main Gate - 26 Kilometres from Vaalwater.
- Do not enter the Main Gate but rather continue on until the Schoongelegen turn-off (22.5 km's).
- Turn left to Schoongelegen and continue on sand road to the West Gate (16.5 km's).
- Enter at the West Gate (be sure not to enter at the contractors gate).
- Secure parking is provided at the West Gate and a vehicle will transport you to your private game lodge.
Getting To Nungubane Game Lodge:
For transactions originating outside the Republic of South Africa, all amounts due must be requisitioned in ZAR (South African Rand) only.
Nungubane Game Lodge is located in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, Limpopo Province, South Africa. The Welgevonden Game Reserve comprises some 40,000 hectares of pristine bushveld and ranks amongst Southern Africa’s largest private game reserves and forms part of the only savanna biosphere reserve in the world, proclaimed by UNESCO in March 2001. It has a large and diverse variety of plains game, is home to South Africa’s ‘’ Big Five ’’ and is malaria free.
The Welgevonden Game Reserve is world renowned for its conservation initiatives as well as its pioneering grass plains project which is being introduced into other wild life reserves around the world.
About Nungubane Game Lodge:
Strategically located at the top of a hill, Nungubane Game Lodge commands spectacular views of the bushveld and valleys below.
- Intimate lounge and bar
- Dining room
- Outdoor dining facility
- Large viewing deck
- Boma for dinners around a campfire
- Swimming pool and pool deck
- Intimate sala
- Five Chalets accommodating two guests per chalet
- King size double beds or twin beds
- Bathroom en-suite with bath, shower, toilet and outside shower.
- Private Deck
- Coffee / Tea station.
- Over-head fans
Game Viewing from the Game Lodge:
- A game viewing hide over looking a water hole
- The Lodge is secured with an electrified fence to provide security from predators and big game.
Transfers to / from Nungubane Game Lodge:
- Guests will be picked up and dropped off at The Welgevonden Game Reserve West Gate.
- Pick up time from the West Gate is scheduled daily for 12:30 hrs.
- Drop off time at the West Gate is scheduled daily for 12:00 hrs.
- Guests to call the Lodge when passing through the town of Vaalwater on 014 755 4928 to reconfirm arrival time.
- Out of scheduled transfer requests will incur an additional transfer fee.
Nungubane Game Lodge is renowned for its fresh, healthy, wholesome home-made cooked meals.
- Three meals a day
- Mid-morning and mid-afternoon tea & coffee.
- Wi Fi on request.
- Laundry on request.
- Sun block is recommended all year round.
- Warm clothing for the winter months – May to September
- Wind breaker / warm jacket as it can get cold at night on game drive.