Mhondoro Lodge lies in the centre of the magnificent malaria free Welgevonden Game Reserve which is home to an incredible diversity of fauna and flora, including the Big 5. This five-star, family-friendly Lodge is the ultimate bushveld destination to rejuvenate mind, body, and soul and get in touch with the great outdoors.
Mhondoro boasts two Deluxe Suites, one Honeymoon Suite, one Family Suite, one Executive Suite, and an opulent Villa.
The Deluxe Suites have one en-suite bedroom and a private viewing deck, which overlooks the waterhole or the bush. The Honeymoon Suite, as its name suggests, is perfect for a romantic breakaway. It features one spacious en-suite bedroom and a private plunge pool.
The Family Suite sleeps up to four people. It has two bedrooms with a shared bathroom, plus a dining and living area; just perfect for families. The Executive Suite also accommodates up to four people in two en-suite bedrooms. In addition, it features a generous lounge area, fireplace, and a spacious private viewing deck.
The Mhondoro Villa is available on an exclusive-use basis for up to six guests, making it ideal for an intimate family or group getaway. The Villa features a splendid Master suite plus two en-suite bedrooms, as well as a private pool, gym and yoga room, and the dedicated services of an open-air 4X4 vehicle, guide, chef and housekeeping staff.
The main lodge is the vibrant heart of Mhondoro Game Lodge. Beautifully done out in a refined Afro-chic meets contemporary style, the Lodge’s fresh, uncluttered design is as aesthetically pleasing as its spectacular surrounds.
Cuddle up alongside the roaring fireplace. Make yourself at home in the comfortable TV Lounge. Spark your imagination with a good read from the library. Chill out on the expansive wooden decks overlooking the adjacent waterhole and out across Welgevonden’s breathtaking bushveld. Or cool off year-round in Mhondoro’s heated swimming pool – from which the resident elephants have been known to take a deep drink. And keep your energy levels up with the delectable cuisine and top, local wines from the Lodge’s temperature controlled wine cellar.
A highlight of your stay at Mhondoro will no doubt be the unique underground game viewing hide connected to the main lodge by a tunnel. The ground level hide gives guests a fantastic but safe front row seat on the thrilling animal action at the waterhole, any time of the day or night, sure to be a hit with photography enthusiasts.
The elevated star deck gives guests an opportunity to get a unique perspective on this pristine African wilderness. Lay back in the custom-made angled seating or take advantage of the high-powered telescope for an exceptional stargazing experience. Other facilities extend to a well-equipped gym, infrared sauna, and a spa where you can indulge in a deep tissue massage, hot stone massage or aromatherapy session or treat yourself to a luxurious soak in the outdoor bath overlooking the waterhole. And why not conclude your session with a manicure or pedicure?
And being family-friendly, Mhondoro also provides an outdoor play area – protected by an elephant fence – and an indoor playroom stocked with games where the kids can enjoy themselves without disturbing other guests. Child-oriented adventure activities can be arranged on request.
Its lavish accommodation options, majestic setting, prime game viewing opportunities, and world-class hospitality are bound to make Mhondoro Game Lodge a firm favourite with the sophisticated wilderness adventurer.
Rates Inclusive of 15% VAT. • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|Rates Per Person Per Night Sharing||11 Jan 2018 to 13 Dec 2018||14 Dec 2018 to 10 Jan 2019|
|Deluxe Suite - 2 x available / sleeps 2 - Bedroom en-suite and private viewing deck||R5 045||R6 530|
2 Bedroom Family Suite - 1 x available / sleeps 4
Lounge & dining area, 2 bedrooms with shared bathroom and private viewing deck - per night
|R14 265||R18 440|
|2 Bedroom Family Suite - Minimum unit rate is per night (adult and/or children)||R4 750||R6 145|
2 Bedroom Executive Suite - 1 x available / sleeps 4
Lounge, fire place, 2 bedrooms each en-suite and private viewing deck per night
|R19 830||R25 210|
|2 Bedroom Executive Suite - Minimum unit rate is per night (adult and/or children)||R5 665||R7 200|
Honeymoon Suite - 1 x available / sleeps 2
Bedroom en-suite, private viewing deck with daybed and plunge pool
|R5 665||R7 200|
Exclusive use rate (excluding the Villa at Mhondoro) per day
All 5 x suites available / sleeps 14 - min 3 night
|R54 740||on Request|
Exclusive use rate (including the Villa at Mhondoro) per day
All 5 x suites & Villa / sleeps 20 - min 3 night
|R103 715||on Request|
|Mhondoro Villa for 1-4 guests - Exclusive use - per day||R43 215||R43 215|
|Additional adult for more than 4 guests, per adult per night for any guests 12 year and older||R8 645||R8 645|
Additional children pay the extra child rate, when more than the minimum 4 guests,
per child per night. Children 2 -11 years of age
|R4 800||R4 800|
* Regret children under 6 years of age may not be accommodated on scheduled game drives when other guests are joining. Bumble game drives may be arranged for families with small children at a rate of R600 per bumble drive, subject to the availability of a vehicle and a ranger at the time. The
drives are tailored to carter to our smaller visitors and can vary in duration and will include child appropriate facts and sightings.
** May, June and July: pay for 3, stay for 4 applicable mid-week (Sunday to Thursday) for the Lodge and the Villa. This value offer does NOT apply to our Exclusive Use Rates, and is not combinable with any other special offer.
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT: 50% of the applicable rate per person sharing
- Children 0 – 35 months: Free of charge
- Children 3 – 11 years of age: 50% of the applicable adult rate
- Children 12 years and older: Full adult per person sharing rate
MINIMUM STAY: Minimum stay of 3 nights between 11 December and 10 January
- Accommodation, all meals, teas & coffees, soft drinks, local branded beers and hand-select house wines.
- Two safari activities per day, including game drives in open vehicles or walking safaris with Mhondoro guide.
- Return scheduled transfers from Welgevonden Reserve Main Gate or Welgevonden Airstrip to Mhondoro Game Lodge.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Rates are per person per night ZAR, free Wi-Fi in the Main Lodge and the Villa, secure parking and VAT.
Pick-up time is between 12h30 and 13h00 at Welgevonden main gate on the day of arrival.
Departure time from the lodge to Welgevonden main gate is 11h00 on the day of departure.
EXTRAS: EXCLUDED FROM RATES
- Premium brands and liquors and additional reserve wines available from the temperature controlled wine cellar at the Main Lodge.
- Additional transfers outside the normal hours of 12h30 – 13h00 at Welgevonden Main gate or Welgevonden Airstrip to Mhondoro Game Lodge charged at R 1010 per vehicle and may interfere with the first afternoon game drive depending on how much later the guests arrive.
- Spa treatments at our exclusive dedicated spa suite with a big deck and views over the waterhole.
- Gratuities are not included.
- The Villa at Mhondoro has a magnificent Master suite and another 2 en-suite bedrooms, booked on an exclusive use basis for 1-4 guests.
- Additional guests will be charged per the specified surcharge.
- Exclusive use rate of the Villa at Mhondoro is inclusive of all meals, selected drinks (including local brand beers and hand-select house wines), activities, private pool, private gym and yoga room, private vehicle, private guide, private chef and housekeeping staff.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Laws of the Republic of South Africa shall in all respects, govern this contract.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and are inclusive of 15% VAT.
- Mhondoro Game Lodge reserves the right to amend the quoted tariffs should there be any change in the percentage rate of VAT or any other levy, tax or impost becoming payable by Mhondoro Game Lodge after the date of printing of this contract or in the event of the devaluation of the SA Rand.
- The tariffs are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) on a per person per night basis (unless otherwise indicated)
- Pick-up time at the main gate is between 12h30 and 13h00 and on the day of departure the departure time from the lodge to the main gate is 11h00.
All cancellations must be given in writing
- Cancellations made more than 30 days of date of arrival 25% of fee payable.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of date of arrival 50% of fee payable.
- Cancellations made within 15 days of date of arrival 100% of fee payable.
- Guaranteed reservations will be held for first night only, after which the accommodation will be released and accommodation cancellation fee charged.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm a reservation.
- Balance payable 30 days prior to arrival.
Mhondoro is child-friendly, with a dedicated open-air play area protected by an elephant fence and a play room with games where children can enjoy themselves without disturbing other guests. Special children’s activities can also be arranged. Unique features at Mhondoro include a custom-built stargazing ‘star deck’; and a waterhole with underground game viewing hide that is connected with the main lodge by a tunnel. At ground level, the hide provides excellent photographic opportunities from a distinctive perspective, as well as the excitement of getting really up close, anytime day or night, to elephants and other wildlife drinking from the waterhole.
The main lodge is the vibrant heart of Mhondoro Game Lodge. The masterfully decorated building boasts an African-meets- Europe chic and contemporary look and feel, which appeals to guests of all ages and from all corners of the globe. Feel free to make yourself at home and take the opportunity to savour the memorable cuisine and top, local wines or just relax. The design and décor is modern and sophisticated, yet comfortable and welcoming, inviting guests to relax on the expansive wooden decks overlooking the waterhole and the reserve, or cuddle up in a cosy corner next to a roaring fireplace.
Other facilities extend to a gym, infrared sauna, while the main lodge’s deck features a heated pool for all year-round swimming, offering a magnificent view of the busy waterhole, where Welgevonden’s wildlife gathers to take a drink or a bath.
The main lodge is also the starting point of an adventurous 65m walk through a tunnel that leads you to an intimate view of the underground waterhole hide. At ground level, the hide provides the opportunity to get up close, anytime day or night, to elephants and other wildlife drinking from the waterhole, presenting the ultimate vantage point for photography enthusiasts.
There are two Deluxe Suites at Mhondoro Game Lodge. Both Deluxe Suites accommodate two and have one bedroom with a bathroom and a private viewing deck, which overlooks the waterhole or the bush. 2 x available / sleeps 2
The Honeymoon Suite offers a perfect romantic getaway with all facilities of the main lodge within a short walking distance. The building accommodates two and boasts one spacious bedroom with an en-suite bathroom. 1 x available / sleeps 2
The Executive Suite accommodates four and has two bedrooms that both have en-suite bathrooms. You’ll find an extra lounge area with a fireplace and a spacious private viewing deck which overlooks the waterhole. 1 x available / sleeps 4
The Family Suite accommodates four. It has two bedrooms and because of its shared bathroom, dining area and living area it’s the perfect accommodation for families. 1 x available / sleeps 4
The Villa accommodates six and is perfectly suited as an exclusive family or group accommodation. The Villa boasts a magnificent master suite and two additional bedrooms, all with bathrooms.
The Villa at Mhondoro has a magnificent Master suite and another 2 en-suite bedrooms, booked on an exclusive use basis for 1-4 guests. Additional guests will be charged per the specified surcharge. Exclusive use rate of the Villa at Mhondoro is inclusive of all meals, selected drinks (including local brand beers and hand-select house wines), activities, private pool, private gym and yoga room, private vehicle, private guide, private chef and housekeeping staff.
Features and Facilities
SPA & WELLNESS Adjacent to the main lodge is the Massage Suite, which offers a quiet and secluded haven for those seeking inner peace. Indulge in the moment and let a dedicated spa therapist treat you to a deep tissue massage, hot stone massage or aromatherapy. Two massage beds can be placed inside the building or on the private deck, whatever you prefer. The deck also boasts an outdoor bath, which allows you to immerse yourself in milky luxury overlooking the waterhole. And why not finish your session with a manicure or pedicure?
We proudly use products from Rain Africa. Indigenous plants used since antiquity by African healers are the heart and soul of the Rain range.
The main lodge and the villa features a heated pool and offers a magnificent view of the busy waterhole, where Welgevonden’s wildlife gathers to take a drink or a bath.
The Curio Shop stocks traditional African accessories such as jewellery, luggage and interior design features. Our collection also includes modern South African design classics like the handcrafted Pichulik pieces – a bespoke range of handcrafted neckpieces and ornamentation made in Cape Town.
Also for sale is the Rain Africa collection featured in our spa treatments and in your guest room. Rain products are made from indigenous plants that have been used since antiquity by African healers. Rain Africa creates handmade bath and body products using natural African ingredients. They are responsibly handmade with love and care for their customers, craftspeople and the environment.
For many, being in Africa on safari is romantic in itself – being in the wild, absorbing the atmosphere and breathing in the pristine natural surrounds. Our star deck adds to this experience with an exceptional vantage point for the vast Africa sky – your own private viewing deck of the infinite constellations. The elevated wooden star deck has custom- made seating, with seatbacks angled at 45 degrees, allowing for comfortable star- spotting. Our high-powered telescope is linked to a sophisticated computer programme which allows for a thrillingly detailed search of the cosmos.
The main lodge and the Villa both feature a fully equipped gym where you can stay in shape while enjoying the activity at the waterhole. Enjoy a cardio work-out on the treadmill, home trainer and cross trainer, or improve your strength with the weights. Go wild!