Set in the northern side of the Welgevonden Private Game Reserve, this malaria free Big Five private game lodge is set in pristine African Wilderness. Surrounded by the Ancient Waterberg Mountains, abundant wildlife and unspoilt African bush, Jamila Game Lodge offers guests an intimate and relaxed safari experience.
Only 3 ½ hours’ drive away from South Africa’s largest city Johannesburg, makes Welgevonden one of the most accessible premier malaria free wilderness reserves in the country.
The reserve lies in the Waterberg plateau and Jamila Lodge is part of this conservation area that covers over 34, 850 hectares of game reserve. Home to over 50 different mammals, including the Big 5, guests enjoy unlimited traversing through the reserve and experience an environment where conservation and game viewing are managed in harmony.
This traditional safari lodge offers 5 well appointed suites boasting exquisite views over the Waterberg biosphere. Offering an intimate and classic safari experience, guests are treated to 2 game drives a day conducted by the lodges' experienced and knowledgeable nature guide.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT. • South African Rands • Subject to Availability
|01 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020|
|Per Person Sharing||R3 985|
|01 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020|
|Per Person Sharing||R3 985|
|Details||01 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020|
|Per Person Sharing||R4 750|
- Accommodationwith tax included
- 3 meals per day
- Tea and Coffee
- WiFi Internet Access
- Dawn & dusk safaris in open game drive vehicle with sundowner drinks
- Conservation Fee is included in the rate for 2020.
- All beverages
(Please note: this rate subject to change without prior notice.)
Check-in and Check-out
Kindly note that transfer departure times from Welgevonden West Gate to Jamila are set as follows:
Check-in: guests to arrive at the gate between 12:30 and 13:00 in time for the complimentary transfer to the lodge;
Check-out: guests to depart the lodge at 11:00 for the complimentary transfer to the gate.
Room Check in: Guests are able to check in to their rooms from 14h00 onwards. However, if rooms are ready and available prior to 14h00 guests may check in early.
Room Check out: Guests need to check out of their rooms by 11h00 and are welcome to make use of the main lodge area until the lodge transfer departs to the West Gate.
Late Arrivals or Early Check Outs:
• Late arrivals: If you are self driving to Jamila, late arrivals need to be pre-requested and pre-arranged and a fee of R250 per transfer will be charged.
• Please note: Guests arriving late on their check-in day may miss the afternoon game drive which departs by 16h00. A maximum of 4 guests can be transported at one time after the scheduled transfer time.
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required within 2 weeks of booking to confirm a reservation. Full and final payment must be made 30 days prior to the guests’ arrival date. Reservations shall be subject to cancellation in the event pre-payment is not received as contracted.
- Children under the age of 13 years are not accommodated at Jamila Lodge as from 01 January 2020
- Children 13 years and older will be charged the applicable adult rates
- All rates in this agreement are quoted in South African Rands and include taxes
- All rates in this agreement include taxes
- Cancellation 31+ days prior to travel – 25% of total cost is forfeited
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to travel – 50% of total cost is forfeited
- Cancellation within 14 days prior to travel or no-show – 100% of total cost is forfeited
- All reservations, amendments or cancellations are valid only if advised and accepted in writing
Non-arrivals will be subject to 100% of the rate for the entire period of the reservation
2 x Twin Suites
Two single beds, double vanities, toilet, bath and outdoor shower. Private deck with Jacuzzi
1 x King Suites
King size bed, double vanities, toilet, bath and outdoor shower. Private deck with Jacuzzi
1 Honeymoon Suites
One of the King Suites has just been refurbished into a Honeymoon Suite. The upgrade includes new soft furnishings and a private Star Gazing/Sleep Out Deck.
1 x Family Suite
Large bedroom with king size bed, fireplace, a bathroom with separate spa bath, toilet, outdoor shower and double vanities. Interleading lounge with two single beds to accommodate children, tea station, bar fridge and a fireplace. Private Jacuzzi set into a rock feature as well as a furnished private deck.
- King size bed with mosquito netting
- En-suite bathroomOutside shower
- Bath and double vanity basin
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Bath Amenities
- Private viewing deck
- Individual heated jacuzzi
- Tea & Coffee Station
- Overhead fan & Air conditioning
- Mosquito nets
- Mini Bar
Two daily Game Drives are conducted by our experienced nature guide, who has been working in the Welgevonden Game Reserve for many years. With exceptional knowledge of the animals and the area, Game Drives will certainly be a highlight! The lodge features a waterhole which offers exciting game viewing throughout the day where a variety of animals quench their daily thirsts.
BIG 5 AFRICAN SAFARI
Game-viewing is one of the most important aspects of your experience at Jamila Lodge.
Early morning game drives begin in the cool of dawn as the sun rises over the horizon and the second game drive of the day, in the late afternoon which includes a stop to enjoy a refreshing sundowner whilst watching the African sun set.
The Welgevonden Game Reserve is the perfect setting for exciting safari holidays. It is here in rugged ravines and on wooded Waterberg mountains that sightings of the ‘Big Five’, a rich variety of wildlife and over 300 bird species can be enjoyed.
- Morning Game Drive
- Warm refreshments – guests enjoy coffee/tea and rusks in the bush
- Breakfast is served on arrival back from morning drive
- Lunch on the deck
- Late afternoon/evening game drive
- Sundowners and snacks in the bush whilst on game drive
- Dinner (Guests enjoy a varied dining experience)
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily to all guests at Jamila Lodge and are included in the daily rate. The menu is varied, conveying a “home-style” cooking feel, lovingly hand-crafted with fresh, high quality ingredients by our Chef.
A feast of flavours will complete your experience with meals being served in different locations every night.
Under an open African sky, you can dine on the main deck or in lamplight alongside the gently illuminated waterhole. Guests can round off their break by enjoying a wonderful dinner in the Boma.
Take N1 Pretoria / Pietersburg to Pietersburg. At the Kranskop Toll Gate take the left hand gate option (Nylstroom/Modimolle).
Go through Nylstroom/Modimolle and drive 60km to Vaalwater.
Go straight through Vaalwater. Approximately 24km from Vaalwater, on your left hand side is the
Welgevonden Main Gate.
Carry on past the Main Gate for approximately 22km until you come to Schoongelegen Road which is a gravel road.
Turn left into Schoongelegen Road and carry on for about 17km until you reach Welgevonden West Gate on your left hand side.
No private vehicles are allowed in the game reserve so guests have to be picked up from the gate by our Rangers.
There is safe covered parking at the gate on the inside of the reserve.
West Gate: S 24° 14.586’ E 027° 43.080’
Western airstrip: S 24 ° 17’09 ° E 27 ° 47’09 °
Jamila Game Lodge, situated just 3½ hours from Johannesburg offers a traditional and intimate classic safari experience accommodating a maximum of 10 guests in 5 well-appointed suites that boast exquisite views of the surrounding bush.