iBhubesi Game Lodge is set within Welgevonden Game Reserve overlooking the sweeping iBhubesi Plains. This exquisitely-appointed Lodge is hired out on an exclusive-use basis and can accommodate up to 10 guests at one time, making it ideal for an extended family or group getaway.
The Lodge has five separate thatched chalets, secluded beneath the surrounding trees, each with an en-suite bathroom, outside shower plus a private fireplace for those chilly winter nights. Each luxurious double chalet is spacious enough to accommodate additional beds should you need to share it with younger children.
The communal area comprises an elegant open plan lounge, dining room, and fully-equipped kitchen adjoining a swimming pool and exterior viewing deck, the perfect spot to laze away the afternoon watching the resident bird-and wildlife at play. There is also a Boma where you can tuck into a fireside dinner and spend time socialising with friends and family under a crisp star-filled sky.
Although the Lodge is self-catering, and guests are responsible for supplying all their food and beverages, use of the Lodge does include the services of a live-in chef who will take charge of preparing all your meals.
While the unlimited daily game drives in your own private 4X4 vehicle under the guidance of a dedicated ranger ensure you enjoy exceptional and unhindered game viewing. A stay at iBhubesi Game Lodge offers a unique opportunity to enjoy up close and personal encounters with the impressive diversity of fauna and flora that call
Welgevonden home including the entire Big 5 contingent.
If you’re looking to enjoy an intimate African wilderness experience without forfeiting your creature comforts, iBhubesi Game Lodge will not disappoint.
- Terms | Conditions
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Weekend Lodge Rate 1-4 Guests||R8 200|
|Party of 5 - 10 adults||R1 000|
|Children (under 12 and under) / Child minders||Free|
|Details||1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Mid-Week Lodge Rate 1-4 Guests||R6 100|
|Party of 5 - 10 adults||R 850|
|Children (under 12 and under) / Child minders||Free|
iBhubesi Private Game Lodge rates are highly competitive and individually calculated. Please contact us for your personal quote.
Welgevonden Reserve Conservation Levy
Reserve levy per person per night R 125.00*
*Subject to change.
The reserve levy is payable in advance and will be billed together with the accommodation cost. The levy is calculated per person per night for each guest at the lodge for the duration of the stay.
Included in the rate:
- Rates are quoted on a per night basis.
- Rates are exclusive of VAT as iHolidays is not registered.
- Minimum number of nights required for booking is 2 nights.
- Maximum number of adults that can be accommodated is 10. (Shibula Lodge - 14 adults)
- Our game vehicle is certified to carry a maximum of 10 persons - irrespective of age.
- Included in the lodge rate is one return transfer from Welgevonden main gate to the lodge. Additional transfers are charged at R1,000 per transfer.
- Additional transfers will be billed for guests arriving at different times OR exceed 10 persons.
- Game Drives - Rates include two game drives per day including private game ranger and open game vehicle.
- Additional Game Vehicles and Game Rangers are suggested for groups exceeding 10 guests. Cost is R 1,850 per day. Subject to availability and must be pre-booked 7 days before arrival.
- Accommodation is provided on a self-catering basis. Guests bring their own food and beverages and our resident chef will prepare all the meals.
- Guests will have exclusive use of the lodge and facilities which includes the services of our resident chef and housekeeping.
- All bookings are subject to availability and only confirmed once a deposit of 50% of the quote has been received and a booking reservation number confirmed in writing.
- All bookings are subject to iHolidays terms and conditions including cancellation policy.
- A cancellation in any other period requires 60 days notice, without which no refund is payable.
- Any bookings made during peak periods (as defined above) are non refundable.
- All reservation amendments or cancellations are valid only if made in writing
- At the time of making your booking/reservation, a payment of a 50% deposit is required, and the balance of payment is due 60 days prior to the commencement date of your itinerary;
- Bbookings made within 60 days prior to the commencement date of your itinerary are subject to payment in full at the time of confirming the booking/reservation.
- Failure to make these payments on time will result in your booking/reservation automatically being cancelled.
Important Travel Documentation.
- It is the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure that all passports, visas, health certificates, proof of vaccinations, reference letters, travel and medical insurance and any other documentation required (for you and anyone travelling with you) are all valid, in force and in order for the countries and locations to be visited.
- We strongly advise all travellers to ensure that they have appropriate and comprehensive travel and medical insurance, as well as insurance covering the cancellation of any travel. Biggestleaf will not be liable for any loss that you, or any person travelling with you, suffers resulting from a decision by you not to purchase the appropriate travel and/or medical insurance.
- No liability for luggage. Welgevondengamereserve.org shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to the Client’s luggage whether in transit or at the Service Provider’s establishment or facilities or otherwise (including hand luggage, luggage checked into the aircraft hold, or luggage transported by any other means whatsoever to or from the Client’s destination). The acceptance of final documents, vouchers or tickets shall be deemed to be consent to the above conditions.
Directions to Welgevonden
From OR Tambo follow the signs towards Pretoria – you need to get onto the R21
The R21 intersects with the N1 before Pretoria – get onto the N1
Take the N1 north towards Pretoria/Polokwane.
Stay on the N1 to Polokwane, through the Pumulani Toll Plaza and through the Carousel
Toll Plaza, past the offramp to Bela-Bela
At the Kranskop toll booth, take the left lane signposted Marble Hall / Modimolle R33
Turn left at the top of the off ramp and pass straight through Nylstroom.
Stay on the same road through the town Vaalwater.
+/- 26km beyond Vaalwater you will see a sign on your left saying “Welgevonden Main
- Zero your odometer at Pumulani Toll Plaza
- 0km Pumulani Toll Plaza
- 2km Petroport Panorama
- 34.5km Carousel Toll
- 79km Bela-Bela Offramp
- 94km Kranskop 1 Stop
- 98km Kranskop Toll Plaza
- 106.6km Modimolle
- 170km Vaalwater
- 196km Welgevonden Main Gate