Clifftop Safari Hideaway is perched high on a cliff overlooking the Sterkstroom River which meanders through Welgevonden Game Reserve. This secluded five-star Welgevonden lodge is geared for romantic getaways and intimate sojourns.
The attention to detail is evident in every aspect of the Hideaway’s décor, from the muted earth and metallic tones to the subtle Afro-centric furnishings and fittings.
Clifftop’s understated design and generous use of natural wood and stone serve to emphasise the precipitous terrain and stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Clifftop Safari Hideaway has eight deluxe thatched suites raised on a natural wood platform and spaced for ultimate privacy. Each elegant suite features a thatched Sala, plunge pool, and deck from where you can enjoy uninterrupted views of the plentiful bird- and wildlife that call Welgevonden home. The lodge also offers various outdoor activities including game viewing in the company of expert guides.
All suites are non-smoking with air conditioning, direct dial telephones, hairdryers, hotel stationery, mini-bars, room safes, standalone bathtub, indoor and outdoor showers, beverage making facilities, electric blankets, as well as indoor and outdoor sitting areas.
Come mealtimes, Clifftop’s delectable fusion of African and Western cuisine is sure to satisfy even the most discerning diner, while the main deck alongside the infinity pool is the ideal sundowner setting. And what could be a better way to end another perfect day on safari than with a nightcap in the lodge’s well-stocked wine cellar.
If you’re seeking an idyllic destination to celebrate your honeymoon or special anniversary or just want to spend quality time with your significant other, Clifftop Safari Hideaway is bound to appeal. And if you’re after an unforgettable backdrop for your “big” day, Clifftop Exclusive Safari Hideaway makes a heavenly wedding venue.
Exchange your vows on Clifftop’s flawless white teak deck as the Sterkstroom roars below and the sun highlights the red-gold hues of the sandstone lining the gorge.
Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rands • Subject to Availability
|Detail||1 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Suite Single||R6 390.00|
|Suite Per Person per night sharing||R4 355.00|
Look at our Special Offers for SA Residents under our special offers section!
- Rates are quoted per person per night and are inclusive of accommodation, three meals and beverages (soft drinks, water, beer, selected wines & spirits). Two game drives and VAT at 14%.
- Rate Exclusions: Transfers, premium brand beverages and gate entry fees which are currently R120.00 payable per person per night.
Subject to increase in 2017/2018 without prior notification.
- 0 - 12 years Not permitted at the lodge
- 13 years and older Considered as adults and accommodated in their own rooms. Pay full adult rates.
- Triple Sharing: Not applicable, rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 persons
- To secure the booking we require a 50% deposit on confirmation and the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. For bookings made within 30 days of travel, full payment is required on confirmation.
- All cancellations to be sent in writing to the Reservations Office.
- Penalties are calculated on the total cost of stay.
- Days prior to arrival:
- 29 - 21 Days - 25% will be charged
- 20 - 11 Days - 50% will be charged
- 10 Days or less - 75%
- All no shows will be charged at 100% of the total value of the booking
- Refunds, if agreed, are subject to a 10% administration fee.