Fifty Seven Waterberg represents an oasis of tranquility in the heart of the magical and malaria-free Welgevonden Game Reserve. This exquisite five-star bushveld hideaway is secluded on a wooded slope overlooking a beautiful gorge below and a crystal-clear waterfall which flows into the Lodge’s private waterhole.
Fifty Seven Waterberg can sleep a maximum of 10 guests in five deluxe thatched chalets elevated on generous wooden decks to make the most of the breathtaking views across the Reserve’s expansive savannah to the majestic Waterberg mountains in the distance, and positioned to provide optimal solitude.
Each spacious chalet is elegantly furnished in a plush Afro-chic style with attention paid to the finest detail and aptly named after some of Welgevonden’s prolific grazers, namely Zebra, Nguni, Red Hartebeest, Springbok, and Gemsbok.
Amenities include a king-sized bed, lounge area with cosy armchairs, open fireplace and writing desk, plus tea and coffee making facilities. The crowning feature of each chalet is the double sliding doors which open onto a generous private sundeck where you can enjoy the peace of this unspoiled African paradise at your leisure. Plus, two of the chalets – the Springbok and Gemsbok – offers guests the added bonus of a Jacuzzi for the ultimate in pampered pleasure.
Fifty Seven Waterberg
The main Lodge at Fifty Seven Waterberg is every bit as graceful and swish as the accommodation, and designed to ensure your utmost relaxation. When you’re not out exploring the wonders of Welgevonden Game Reserve, you can unwind alongside the infinity pool and watch the parade of resident bird- and wildlife that frequent the Lodge’s waterhole to quench their thirst. Or soak up the sheer serenity of your natural surroundings from the comfort of the netted four-poster bed placed to make the most of the fabulous views.
Come evening you can enjoy some downtime reliving your day’s adventures in front of the lounge fireplace. On cooler nights, the boma is the ideal setting for a romantic al fresco dinner around a roaring fire under the canopy of a star-filled sky.
If you’re looking for an elite safari hideaway that truly embodies the essence of the African bushveld, and where impeccable service and superb hospitality are the order of the day, Fifty Seven Waterberg is sure to prove a treasured find.
Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability
|1 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Luxury Chalet • Per Person Per Night Sharing||R3 935|
|Luxury Chalet • Per Single Person Per Night||R4 540|
|Springbok and Gamesboks Chalets (Honeymoon chalet) • Per Person Per Night Sharing||R4 335|
|Springbok and Gamesboks Chalets (Honeymoon chalet) • Per Single Person Per Night||R4 940|
|1 Jan 2019 to 31 Dec 2019|
|Luxury Chalet • Per Person Per Night Sharing||R4 030|
|Luxury Chalet • Per Single Person Per Night||R4 610|
|Springbok and Gamesboks Chalets (Honeymoon chalet) • Per Person Per Night Sharing||R4 320|
|Springbok and Gamesboks Chalets (Honeymoon chalet) • Per Single Person Per Night||R4 895|
LUXURY ACCOMMODATION – ROOMS
Enjoy 5-Star Luxury
To describe our accommodation at Fifty Seven Waterberg as 5-star luxury is, if anything, an understatement. Our guests are consistently surprised and delighted just by the sheer size of our suites, and with a minimum of 80 square metres in which to spread out and enjoy their stay, this is not too surprising.
Apart from being unusually spacious, each of our 5 suites has also been furnished to the very highest standards, and features a king-sized bed and its own private patio with a magnificent view of the bushveld. Each room has a study desk and a comfy armchair, as well as coffee & tea making facilities.
We have to chalets namely Springbok and Gemsboks that we are busy installing Jacuzzis. Rate – per person per day sharing. Excludes drinks and conservation fee.
At the main lodge, our guests are welcome to sit back and enjoy some downtime with our comfortable sofas and armchairs which help to create a relaxing living area, while other equally well-designed areas provide guests with spaces in which to work.
If you’re not out on a game drive, lounge on the beds on the deck at our crystal clear blue pool. The boma is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner around a welcoming fire and under a starry sky – you’ve never seen the stars as bright as they are when you are in the Waterberg area.
As our guests, everyone is of course free to enjoy all of our facilities.
- Light lunch
- 2 game drives per day
- Collection is done at 13h30 at the West gate (we do have an earlier check in time 11h30 but you can only have access to your chalet at 14h00) where you will leave your vehicle (there is 24hr security at the West gate). Please contact the lodge when you reach Vaalwater.
- Conservation fee
Springbok and Gemsbok: that we are busy installing Jacuzzis.
Our entire camp consists of five chalets which sleep two per chalet. Elegantly furnished chalets with a king-size bed that can be converted into a double or twin room and an en-suite bathroom. The unit is spacious and features a study desk and lounging chair. Large sliding doors exit onto a private sun deck where guests can enjoy the views of the African bush and game as they pass by. Included in each room are tea and coffee making facilities.
Full board to full private use with access to the entire lodge, Fifty Seven Waterberg can accommodate up to ten guests.
Suites are in excess of 80 square meters and are decorated with high class finishes, king size beds and private patios. Luxury Accommodation at it’s best.
Features: King beds, En-suite, Balcony/patio, Fan, Tea and Coffee Facilities, Bar Fridge, Safe, No Smoking in Rooms, Hair Dryer
Please inform me if you will be taking the earlier check in time – but you still need to contact the lodge when you pass Vaalwater.
Additional collections will be done at an additional surcharge cost of R600.00
Please inform me of any dietary requirements/ special occasions.
Check out time is 10h00.
57 Waterberg is perfectly positioned on the 35 000HA Welgevonden Game Reserve which is home to the Big Five, over 50 different mammals and over 300 species of birds. The Waterberg is a paradise of natural wildlife. Our experienced guide has vast knowledge of the Waterberg and all its animals, ensuring educational game drives and great sightings.
A 50% deposit must be paid to secure your booking and the outstanding balance must be settled before check in date. Please note prices exclude Welgevonden Private Game Reserve’s daily conservation and beverages.
- Children of all ages can be accommodated on a blow up mattress when sharing with adults in a Luxury Suite at Fifty Seven Waterberg.
- Please enquire regarding our child policy.
Game Drive Policy for Children
- Children under the age of 7 years will not be permitted on game drives unless the lodge has been booked out exclusively.
Check-in: 2:00 PM
- Special rates offered above are based on bookings for a minimum 2 night stay.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents. Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude a Welgevonden Conservation Fee of R 130 per person per day, payable directly to the Lodge. Subject to change without prior notification.
- Guests will be collected at the West Gate of the Welgevonden in an open Land Rover at 14h00. Please contact the lodge once you reach Vaalwater and they will arrange for a guide to meet you.
- Gate transfers other than this allocated time must be requested in advance with management
- On the day of departure, guests will be transferred back to the West Gate at 10h00.
1. Take the N1 North towards Polokwane
2. After the Engen garage at the Kranskop tollgate, take the R33 Modimolle / Marble Hall oramp and keep left towards Modimolle
3. Continue past Modimolle and Vaalwater
4. NB Please inform sta when you reach Vaalwater: +27(0)14 754 8930
5. At Vaalwater keep straight to Bulgerivier / Thabazimbi for about 46km (you will pass the Welgevonden Main Gate)
6. Turn left at the Schoongelegen gravel road
7. After about 17km, the West gate will be on your left
West Gate GPS Coordinates: S 24° 14.586’ E 027° 43.080’
Please allow roughly 3 hours travel time from Pretoria